My name is William Harvard Weiskopf, IV. Generally I’m called Will, Willy or Wilhelm, but never Bill.
Colorado School of Mines, Golden CO, Fall 2009-2013
- 3.169 Cumulative GPA
- BS degree in Engineering with a Mechanical specialty
- Minors in Computer Science and Economics
- Robotics Club, Rocket Club, Blaster Hackers member
- FE Exam passed
- Certified SolidWorks CAD Associate
- Machine shop experience
- FEA with SolidWorks Simulation
- Feedback Controls
- Machine Design
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Mechanics of Materials
Programming and Computers
- LabVIEW programming
- Django development
- WordPress development and administration
- Git version control
- Test driven development
- Linux, command line, and general system administration experience
- Gimp, Audacity, and Adobe Premiere
- Preferred Editors: Vim and Sublime
- Patenting and intellectual property
- International Baccalaureate Diploma recipient
- French language proficiency
- Quick-Fill Sandbagger
- Thoth – Private webapp for email creation made for the CSM Alumni Association.
- Aide-De-Camp – Webapp to assist in the campaign of finding a job, by tracking companies, contacts, and positions.
- William.Weiskopf.me – The present website.
- D&R CNC Machining – Site for a local CNC shop.
- Arvada Scout Troop 21
- WorldWideWilly – My original personal website.
- Birk Industries HOME
- Birk Industries
- A Proposed Redesign for Medieval World, USA
- WHW Specialties – My first website, made when I was in middle school, for a now inactive company. (This site is old enough that it is best viewed in Internet Explorer.)
- Lunabotics: Senior Design project, international NASA robotics mining competition, competed amongst 50 teams at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- Robotics Class: Chosen final project involved constructing a Killough drive
- Field Session: LabVIEW programming, machine shop, and SolidWorks design
- First Robotics Competition 2010 Mentor to Team 2859: Mentored team of high school students in engineering principles, helped to design/build a robot for competition.
- DemoSat-B 2009 CSM EPICS Team Project: Researched and designed a device to record the black and white sky albedo at a ceiling of 60,000 feet for Lockheed Martin.
- Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Lab- Work in teams with engineers from different branches to solve problems. Collect mechanical data using a DAQ and LabView.
Air Sciences, Golden CO, Winter 2011 – Present
- Network Administration Intern: Purchasing, setup and maintenance of the company’s servers, computers, and network. Provide technical support. Spearhead projects to change how the company conducts their network organization and security. Interviewed and trained three new interns.
CSM Alumni Association, Fall 2010 – Present
- Web Developer: Website design, administration, application development, eNewsletter publication, graphic, audio, and video editing.
- Data Specialist: Maintenance and updating of the alumni database
CSM Research Assistant
- Assisted Dr. Christopher Dreyer with research in the CSM Engineering Laser Laboratory.
- Project to correlate laser diffusion with humidity.
Web Development Consulting
- Private website design, development, and deployment for clients. See the list above.
Vitamin Cottage, Fall 2010 – Winter 2011
- Cashier and Customer Service
CSM Distribution Services, Spring 2010
- Sorted incoming mail and packages, delivered to each department office
Birk Industries, LLC, 2008 – 2009
- Market analysis for a new product used in home remodeling (CanCap)
- Web site design, creation, and implementation
- Landscape maintenance
- General painting, cleaning, and construction in residential and commercial spaces
- Referee for the 2012 & 2009 FLL Qualifiers
- Volunteer for the 2010 FRC Colorado Regional
- High School Leader for 2008 6th Grade Outdoor Lab
- 2007 assistant coach for a U12 boys competitive soccer team
- Adult leader for the Denver Dive 6th and 7th grade service trip in trip Denver
- Denver Rescue Mission, DenUM (Denver Urban Ministries), Brooklyn, Greater Chicago Food Bank, the Wyoming Wind River Reservation, Guatemala with Pura Vida, Las Vegas, Hogar del Niño (Lemoa, Guatemala)